Pancreatic Cancer Association of WNY PO Box 24580 Rochester, NY 14624
Early Detection is the Key! Research is Vital!
- Pancreatic cancer, the nation's 3rd leading cancer killer. More people now die from pancreatic cancer than breast cancer.
- Of the top 10 cancer killers, pancreatic cancer continues to have a single digit survival rate of just 5 years.
- The 5-year survival rate over the past 40 years has remained almost unchanged at 9%, while huge strides have been made in fighting other cancers. The 5-year survival rate for all other cancers rose from 49% to 67% and some are 90% or higher.
- Nearly 48,960 men and women are diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2018.
- More than 40,560 die of pancreatic cancer in 20158.
- Only about 2% of the National Cancer Institute's budget is allocated for pancreatic cancer research (the lowest funding
of all major cancers).
- Pancreatic Cancer is referred to as the silent killer because it is hard to detect until it is in the late stages